The Close Hotel - TetburyFamilies2018

Tetbury Families
Tetbury Families
Go to content

The Close Hotel

PLACES > Buildings > Inns
In comparison to the other inns and hotels in the town The Close is a very new member of the group, yet it s probably one of the oldest houses in the town dating from before 1594. For many years the home of the Paul, Balfour and Morrison-Bell families. More research will be done on this as a residential home later.


1960
December for sale with agent Knight,Frank and Rutley along with Close Farm [Newspaper]
1966
for sale with local agent for £13750 [Newspaper]
1968
photographed by Dr Andrews with sign offering teas, morning coffee and homemade cakes
1971
Peggy and John Hastings
1972
new Georgian restaurant overlooking walled garden; 10 bedrooms; John & Peggy Hastings [advert in Cotswold Life magazine]
1973
family hotel [advert in Cotswold Life magazine]
1974
January - damaged by fire    [advert in Cotswold Life magazine]
1975
reopened with 11 bedrooms all ensuite    [advert in Cotswold Life magazine]
1986
sold
1987
redevelopment to include new bedrooms and conference facilities. These were to be developed from the old school house and Baptist chapel in the grounds.
1990
Cotswold District Council planning permission granted for change of use from residential to hotel    [Cotswold District Council planning applications website]
2011
plans for remodelling granted by planning committee    [Cotswold District Council planning applications website]
2013
sold to small local chain of hotels
Back to content