Home Timeline People Places Life

Prince and Princess

Situated on Market Place and closed in 1909 as part of licensing law change along with Three Compasses and The Boot


1815

had a Theatre in use


1820

Robert Hillier


1830

Richard Kilmister Woodward


1838

owner Woodward occupier in hand

Valuation survey

1839

Mary Ann Woodward  occupier & owner

P328/1 poor rates

1844

Richard Hillier


1849

Daniel Cole

Trade directory

1850

Ann Cole

Trade directory

1856

Ann Cole

Trade directory

1859

Ann Harris

Trade directory

1860

Ann Harris

Trade directory

1860

Ann Harris occupier,  Hillier owner

P328/1 poor rates

1863

Ann Harris

Trade directory

1870

Ann Harris

Trade directory

1876

Kate Clark, carrier W.White to Bristol on Weds & Sat

Trade directory

1882

James Sweeney agent for Midland Railway companys ‘Bus from Tetbury to Nailsworth’

Trade directory

1885

James Hayward

Trade directory

1891

A.T.Ford landlord, C.R.Luce owner of alehouse tied annual lease having 2 transfers in previous 5 years. Mr Ford was a previous landlord of the Three Compasses and had worked as a farmer and a coal merchant at various times. His father George was onetime licensee of The Bell, then the Three Compasses.

Licensing Acts printed book

1893

T Ford

Trade directory

1894

T Ford

Trade directory

1897

Thomas Andrew Ford

Trade directory

1900

John Ford

Trade directory

1902

Fred Cull

Trade directory

1903

Frederick W.Cull landlord, C.R.Luce owner of alehouse tied on annual lease;  2 convictions, no endorsements and 3 transfers; closing 11pm; he was also a plasterer.

Licensing Acts printed volume

1907

W.H.Haynes, also a bike mechanic

Trade directory

1909

closed down - by 1914 London City and Midland Bank and others were occupying the premises which were previously owned by Mr Charles Luce, then sold to Alfred Prout in 1912 for £300.

Land Valuation Survey