Prince and Princess - TetburyFamilies2018

Tetbury Families
Tetbury Families
Go to content

Prince and Princess

PLACES > Buildings > Inns
Situated on Market Place and closed in 1909 as part of licensing law change along with Three Compasses and The Boot
1815
had a Theatre in use

1820
Robert Hillier

1830
Richard Kilmister Woodward

1838
owner Woodward - occupier in hand
Valuation survey
1839
Mary Ann Woodward occupier & owner
Gloucestershire Archives ref. P328/1 poor rates
1844
Richard Hillier

1849
Daniel Cole
Trade directory
1850-1856
Ann Cole
Trade directories
1859-1860
Ann Harris
Trade directories
1860
Ann Harris occupier, Hillier owner
Gloucestershire Archives ref. P328/1 poor rates
1863-1870
Ann Harris
Trade directories
1876
Kate Clark, carrier W.White to Bristol on Weds & Sat
Trade directory
1882
James Sweeney agent for Midland Railway companys ‘Bus from Tetbury to Nailsworth’
Trade directory
1885
James Hayward
Trade directory
1891
A.T.Ford landlord, C.R.Luce owner of alehouse tied annual lease having 2 transfers in previous 5 years. Mr Ford was a previous landlord of the Three Compasses and had worked as a farmer and a coal merchant at various times. His father George was onetime licensee of The Bell, then the Three Compasses.
Licensing Acts printed book
1893-1894
T Ford
Trade directory
1897
Thomas Andrew Ford
Trade directory
1900
John Ford
Trade directory
1902
Fred Cull
Trade directory
1903
Frederick W.Cull landlord, C.R.Luce owner of alehouse tied on annual lease; 2 convictions, no endorsements and 3 transfers; closing 11pm; he was also a plasterer.
Licensing Acts printed volume
1907
W.H.Haynes, also a bike mechanic
Trade directory
1909
closed down - by 1914 London City and Midland Bank and others were occupying the premises which were previously owned by Mr Charles Luce, then sold to Alfred Prout in 1912 for £300.
Land Valuation Survey
Back to content