New Church Street has also been known as Cuckolds Napp, The Nap, and The Knapp. An advert in 1867 was for New Church Street otherwise Cuckold's Knap. The current name will have come into play on the building of St Saviour's church. The earliest OS map called the area near to the school building The Knapp.
Silk Mill nearby c1875-1887.
ref. D 566/T/2/22
piece of waste ground with stable to be converted into a dwelling house, at Cuckolds Nap, adjoining Barley Croft [plan; small scale on deed].
An advert for property sales refers to both New Church Street and Cuckold's Nap properties showing that the names were both used, probably for different sections. [Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard - Saturday 18 July 1868 p.1]
Willians, Stannard and Davey, solicitors, Cheltenham
ref. D5907/Box9/15 - date: 1951-1988 2 New Church Street, Tetbury
Highway Orders The Knapp, Tetbury (PT 17578)
ref. K/975/5 - date: 1989