1827 the Wesleyan Methodists had built a chapel on Gumstool Hill, to the rear of the workhouse.
1838 saw a mission in Tetbury – Mr Preston and Mr Excell would go out to Tetbury and the country around, commencing on April 8. By the next quarter Tetbury appeared on the Tetbury Mission Plan along with other neighbouring villages.
1840 In February 1840 the Tetbury Mission joined with Cirencester Mission to become the Tetbury and Cirencester Branch. Sadly after just two years the Tetbury congregation seemed to have disappeared.
1858 In 1858 the Brinkworth Circuit held a Revival Meeting held in Tetbury on 7 March. J Dixon [Brinkworth], J Rumming [Grittenham], G Broom & H Wicks [Hullavington] were the leaders of the event. There were weekly meetings on Sunday at 2.00pm and 5.30pm, and during the week on a Thursday evening at 6.30.
1859 The Malmesbury Circuit was formed in January 1859 and Tetbury became a part of this.
1871 The Primitive Methodists built a chapel on Union Street, which was in the location now occupied by Chantry Court. An announcement in the Royal Cornwall Gazette 1st April 1871 announced the opening of a new Primitive Methodist Chapel, part of the Malmesbury Circuit, the building and site had cost £320.
1887 With help from the nearby Malmesbury Circuit the Wesleyans moved to a larger building near Bath Bridge. The first service was on 17 April 1887, and they worshipped here until 1909.
1909 On 24 June 1909 a chapel on Long Street was opened by the Wesleyan Methodists. Mr W S Jenkins, a local builder built the chapel from Cotswold stone on the site of three cottages. Henry Smith was a trustee, and he also roofed the building. Other trustees were W G Banks, J Prescott and J Young. The church thrived for many years.
1992 In 1992 they joined with the URC to form Christ Church. The building was sold for £68,000, after 170 years of worship in Tetbury.