Around 1705 the Presbyterians built a chapel at the bottom of the Chipping Steps. Rev. Thomas Jones 1675-1745 may have built this at his own expense. By 1861 the church owned the cottage next door (37 Chipping Steps) which was used as a Manse. In 1953 it was listed as a building of special interest and sold in 1959 for £100.
The chapel was demolished but their burial ground remains.
Many of the stones are damaged and therefore without paper records it is impossible to work our who some of the memorial stones are commemorating. One of the more elaborate graves has a mason’s signature on the side: a Cirencester mason by the name of Newcombe.
In loving memory of Daniel Vanstone
Who died March 17 1860
Who died ? 1878?
Faint inscription at bottom to another Daniel Vanstone?