According to Lee “at the present time  eight poor women reside in the Alms House; each having a room rent free and receiving about 30s a year from different benefactions left for that purpose. When a vacancy occurs the Feoffees fill it up.”
However, the almshouses were in existence for at least two centuries before this. For more information read the extract from the Victoria County History.
By 1919 the sum received was about £2 2s 8d per year per woman plus entitlement to claim relief under a bequest of Dr Richard Filkin. Monies left for the benefit of the Almshouse charities include £50 left by Esther Clark 1774; £20 by Eleanor Ludlow 1804; £20 by Sarah Ludlow 1816